HEAD – Genève, Haute école d’art et de design will host the next ArtTech Forum from 11th to 12th October 2018 and contribute by enlarging the program.
For its second edition, in conferences and round tables at which high-level international figures will speak, the 2018 ArtTech Forum aims to bring together an international community of researchers, engineers and scientists, representatives from the sphere of culture and economy .
More then 40 speakers will take part in the ArtTech Forum on 11th and 12th October 2018.
They will all participate in talks, panel discussions or keynotes, and be ready to network with the audience.
We are pleased to announce that the following prominent figures have already confirmed their presence in Geneva:
- Prof. Patrick Aebischer, EPFL (CH)
- Prof. Raffaello D’Andrea, ETHZ & Verity Studios, Founder (CH)
- Prof. Azra Aksamija, MIT, Future Heritage Lab, Director and Associate Professor (USA)
- Ralf Baecker, Artist (D)
- Patrick Bartos, Creative region Linz & upper Austria, CEO (AT)
- Monica Bello, CERN, Head of Arts (CH)
- Thomas Belohlavek, Axa Art, Managing Director (CH)
- Nicolas Callaway, Callaway Arts & Entertainment, Founder & CEO (USA)
- David-Alexandre Chanel, Théoriz studio, Founder & CEO (F)
- Caecilia Charbonnier, Dreamscape Immersive, Founder & CTO (CH)
- Aurélie Clemente-Ruiz, Institut du Monde arabe, Director of Exhibitions (F)
- Allison Crank, EPFL+ECAL Lab, Researcher (CH)
- Bracken Darrell, Logitech, CEO (USA)
- Izabela Depczyk, The Native SA & Paddle8, CEO & Managing Director (USA & CH)
- Thomas Gnahm, Wear It Berlin, Managing Director (D)
- Jean-Pierre Greff, HEAD – Genève, Director (CH)
- Philippe Guillaud, Muzeek, COO (F)
- Prof. Markus Gross, Disney, Vice President for Global Research and Development, Director of Disney Research & Professor ETHZ (USA & CH)
- Ruth Jarman & Joe Gerhardt, Semiconductor, Artists (UK)
- Pascal Keiser, French Tech Culture & Vertigo Starts (F)
- Laurence Le Ny, Orange Content, Vice-President of Start-up Content Ecosystem (F)
- Prof. Christiane Luible-Bär, Kunstuniversität Linz, Fashion & Technology (AT)
- Frank Madlener, IRCAM, Director (F)
- Prof. Henry Markram, EPFL (CH)
- Patrick Maxime Michel, University of Lausanne, Senior research associate (CH)
- Prof. Nicolas Nova, HEAD – Genève (CH)
- Tati Pastukhova , Artechouse, Managing Director & Founder (USA)
- Sabrina Ratté, Artist (CAN)
- Melanie de Riberolles, Ubisoft International New Business, Director (F)
- Katharina Sand, Fashion Expert (CH)
- Aline Sylla-Walbaum, Christie’s, International Managing Director of Luxury Categories (UK)
- Marion Thain, New-York University, Professor (USA)
- Yves Ubelmann, Iconem, Co-Founder & Chairman (F)
- Prof. Pierre Vandergheynst, EPFL (CH)
- Maarten Versteeg, Eindhoven University of Technology, Researcher (NL)
Moderation by Muriel Siki and Etienne Duval.
The 2018 program will demonstrate how and why technology companies – start-ups or large groups – invest in cultural and artistic heritage projects, where the technological innovation is and where it’s heading. From projects presented by major museums or heritage sites to those showing the increasingly close links between culture and entertainment, or new relationships that the art market has fostered with technology, this annual meeting is above all the opportunity for speakers and participants to create links that will allow the development of innovative projects.
The 8 start-ups invited to pitch and compete for the ArtTech Award will be known at the end of August. The Jury will select them from among more than 120 young companies chosen for the competition.
A special event will be organized on the evening of 12th October at Campus Biotech, Geneva.